The Canon iPF785 printer (complete with a stand and media bin) offers you powerful, high-quality printing combined with exceptional productivity, outstanding accuracy and is also very easy to set-up. It’s compact and space saving. You can print both CAD/Technical drawings or opt to print graphics, posters and presentations (for short or medium term display). As with many other Canon models, you are able to hot-swap your inks even while the unit is printing, which reduces wastage. Usefully, you can manage costs and track ROI with powerful accounting tools. The printer is also cloud-ready for immediate sharing, with easy access from mobile devices. You also have the ability to print PDF/TIFF/JPEG/HP-GL2 easily with the bundled Direct Print & Share Utility.
The iPF785 A0 printer offers enhanced capabilities over the iPF770 (Canon’s entry-level A0 printer) as well as its sister model the IPF780. The print speed is faster at 41 seconds per A0 page and you have a choice of using either 130ml or 300ml inks, which will give you greater control and flexibility. The other key difference is the memory buffer and hard drive provided on this model – 32GB Buffer RAM with physical memory of 256MB plus a 320GB hard drive (versus 256MB memory). The helps ensure this printer will be far more robust and resilient, and “future proofs” your purchase. While “today” it will give you faster processing time, “tomorrow” it will buffer you against more sophisticated software to ensure your printer can still quickly process anything required of it many years down the line.
The iPF785 offers sharp thin lines with a high black density, combined with +/- 0.1% line accuracy and 0.02 minimum line width. This accuracy is the best in the marketplace. It also provides you with an easy print plug-in for MS Office applications.
This printer offers superb graphics with vivid colours and solid image consistency, with borderless printing (when printing using rolls of paper only). The printer was designed with the new magenta ink which offers brighter red colours. Canon have also added free PosterArtist Lite software as a bundle deal. The scratch resistant inks on this printer are a combination of dye and pigment based – so it’s one drawback is that the colour inks will fade after time, but it’s an ideal printer where posters or graphics are needed only for a short-medium duration.
- 6 inks (5 colours) with new magenta & 1 printhead
- 2400 x 1200 dpi
- Print from roll (top loading), or manual feed (top loading)
- Print on paper from 0.07 up to 0.8 mm in thickness
- Hot-swap inks can be replaced even when the unit is still printing
- A0 in 41 seconds
- Line accuracy of +/- 0.1%
- Buffer RAM 32GB (Physical Memory 256MB) with 320GB Hard Drive
- Free PosterArtist Lite poster creation software
- Suitable for short or medium term display of graphic prints
1 Year Printer Hardware Canon Manufacturer Warranty
The Canon 1 year Hardware Maintenance Onsite Support cover included with your printer provides the following:
Limitations - Canon does not warrant the following:
- Your on-site warranty is valid for 1 year from the original purchase date of your new Canon Office product
- Under this warranty, you are entitled to receive support from Canon as per their terms and conditions. Canon warrants the hardware of this product to be in good working order during the warranty period
- In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, "On-Site service" will be provided at your registered location within the Territory
- On-site Warranty may only be obtained free of charge against presentation of original proof of purchase stating the date of purchase of the product. Canon may repair or replace Canon products with new or reconditioned parts or products of equivalent to new performance and reliability. Canon may also replace products with equivalent models where the original has been discontinued. Reconditioned parts or products will only be used if it is permissible to do so under the statutory law of a country where the warranty is applied
- On-site Warranty service is available by contacting Canon's helpdesk via phone and will be provided in one of the following ways: On-site Repair (via technician), which covers all associated labour costs (including call out, travel and repair times) and the cost of all service parts OR On-Site Exchange (via courier), which covers cost of replacement product and all associated shipping costs. The service method is determined by the model and you will be notified on how to proceed when you contact the Canon helpdesk. The services under this On-Site Warranty may be carried out by third-party technicians on Canon's behalf using reasonable skill and care.
- Periodic check-ups, maintenance and repair or replacement parts due to normal wear and tear
- Consumables & Accessories including AC adaptor
- Any software
- Parts subject to wear as well as supplies and accessories
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval
- Costs incurred by Canon in making any adaptations or modifications of a product necessary for country-specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product
- Damage resulting from the fact that the product is not conforming to country-specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase
- Improper use, handling or operation of the product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages
- Repairs, modifications or cleaning carried out at a service centre not authorized by Canon
- Damage caused directly by the use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as ink, paper, toner or batteries, printer heads), which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility with your specific Canon product should be evidenced on the packaging but is assured when using genuine Canon spare parts, software or consumables as these have been tested. You are advised to check compatibility prior to use
- Connecting the product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond Canon's control, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation
- Services and related service parts required due to a faulty installation or network connection of your product if the installation and network connection of your product has not been provided by Canon
- Work that is needed because of any disconnection and reconnection of the Product, including any preparation necessary for safe transit other than as provided by Canon or on behalf of Canon
- Work other than during Canon's standard service hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays), unless varied by the On-Site Warranty Service Plan
Please note that for the provision of On-Site services by the service engineers/courier it is a prerequisite that your product is located in the 'Territory'. On-Site services can only be provided subject to you granting the service engineer/courier access to the Product and reasonable support requested in relation thereto.
Full details can be found at: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/warranty/