Firstly, this printer offers greater print quality than any other 6 ink machine currently – and matches the capabilities of 8 ink machines. This is due to newly developed printheads which enable you to print up to 20% faster than say the previous hybrid printers (Z2600 and Z5600). These printheads have 2,400 nozzles per inch and use a dual drop weight technology for ultimate precision. This means HP no longer need to use Light Cyan or Light Magenta inks to achieve the widest colour gamuts. Ultimately these new state-of-the-art printheads will give you better and clearer readability, high contrast colour with greater definition and richer dark colours with sharper details. You can also enjoy smoother gradients for challenging colour combinations with the new “HP Pixel Control”.
Next, HP have addresssed the issue of processing speed and also increased the print speed (up to 66.9m2 per hour). To address the processing speed, they’ve installed an Adobe PDF Print Engine which enables the most complex files to process within seconds and thereby freeing up your computer resources.
Finally – and the biggest current issue for printer owners today – is to ensure greater and enhanced security levels. HP have installed various security features on this printer which will protect it from unauthorised access with HP Secure Boot, Whitelisting, and also added an Encrypted Hard Disk. You can also protect your documents and preserve confidentiality with authentication solutions like PIN printing and card readers (available from third parties) and billable solutions such as HP JetAdvantage Security Manager.
- Vertical Trimmer
- 6 inks & 3 printheads
- Dual Roll – switch easily between different size rolls or different types of media
- PostScript capabililty – print multiple files all at the same time
- Faster job processing – complex files printed in just seconds!
- Greater printing quality (a colour quality matching 8 ink machines)
- High security to protect you from unauthorised access and more
- Print on paper from 80gsm up to 500gsm
- Chromatic Red ink which delivers the best results for the colours in the orange and red spectrum
- Built-in Densitometer
- Print on all media up to 44″ wide
- Line accuracy of +/- 0.1% making it attractive for both technical printing AND graphic arts printing
- Lower cost per ml of ink (compared against T series printers)
- Pigment based UV stabilised and Water Resistant inks
- 128 GB Virtual memory (based on 4GB RAM) and 500GB self-encrypting hard disk
- Free HP Applications Centre software